Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steaming Pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steaming Pastrami

I didn't want to hijack the other pastrami threads but I have a quick question concerning the steaming. I am attempting a pastrami this week and have a stainless steel steamer I was planning to finish it off in. Now I was reading Meatheads thread and the whole "lasagna effect" if using a baking pan, foil interacting with the salt in the meat etc. Does this also happen with stainless steel or should I wrap the meat in parchment paper maybe rather than foil so as not to wash the bark off. Not sure if the parchment paper would hold up to the steam, or maybe if using foil in the meat I may have to insulate from the actual stainless tray? Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Stainless steel is very "non-reactive". You're good to go... Enjoy!

Comment

• gmascolo51
      gmascolo51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, thank you. Hopefully it turns out good, fingers crossed.

i'm not really answering your question, but what i learned from my Mama was slice thinly and steam the slices to put on that Reuben (or whatever kind of sandwich). It still works for me.

Comment

• PappyBBQ
      PappyBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I do the same thing EdF

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes listening to your Mammy is the right thing PappyBBQ!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here