Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Ranch Angus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Ranch Angus?

Need some input. Anybody have experience w/ Star Ranch Angus meat? I have a Cash and Carry here on the Oregon Coast that has tri-tip from Star Ranch, usally I get Prime Tri-tip's from Costco but saw some from Star Ranch that are choice and 3x the size of the primes at Costco. Any advice on Star Ranch Angus?

I have never had any Star Ranch products, it looks like they are owned by Tyson Foods.
    One thing to consider is, larger cut meat like this can tend to be tougher. Occasionally, you get the same thing with 20+lb briskets. They can come from larger, older animals.

Then again, the only Tri-Tips I have ever cooked, have been choice, but none that large. My guess is that they will cook up nice.

Comment

I've never tried them but in a Google search I see that they're a branch of Tyson Foods. My guess is that you'd be buying simple grocery store choice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here