Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Sear Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Sear Success

I splurged this weekend on a waygu tenderloin from The Flora Butcher. The big end was tied and just needed some coaxing to get to perfection. Cherry pellets on the Grilla (under the umbrella while it rained), seasoned with a simple steak rub. Better than prime rib...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0DCF7B77-5B8D-45C8-99B7-F6B9490CE0B5.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	463015

That looks great.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        It was so easy! I haven’t used the temp probe that comes with the Grilla. Works great, pulled it at 125 and let it rest for 30 minutes.

Beautiful!

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

What was your cooking technique? What temp did you cook indirect? Did you crank the Grilla for the sear? I've never cooked steak on my pellet grill and just curious.

Comment

• JCGrill
            JCGrill commented
            Editing a comment
            You probably can crank the pellet grill for the sear, but I use my gasser so there is no transition, it's already hot.

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            The Grilla top temp is around 500 so it'll do steak. Not as good as charcoal, in my opinion, but it will do it. I like Grilla for burgers though. I've not tried this, but a set of Grill Grates right on the deflector shield (take cooking grate out) would sear better, I bet.

Better if I was havin the next bite. Great lookin piece of meat!

Comment

Now I have to do that next weekend.

Comment

That looks great! Well done!

Comment

Actually, I never did really "sear" it! Got the Grilla up to 350, put the meat on, flipped it after about 20 minutes. Stuck the meat probe in to monitor temperature. It had a nice crust on the outside when it hit 125, so just put it on a plate and stuck it in a cold oven to rest. Easy dinner, extraordinary meat that truly is fork tender.

I'm travelling this week, so I made it so Dad can have a quick protein. Even if he overheats it on reheat, it'll be tender and tasty.

Comment

Wagyu tenderloin....wow bet that baby set you back !!! I love tenderloin, always buy a whole one, so many different cuts. That picture looks amazingly tender and juicy. Melt in your mouth good CSQ !!!!

Comment

That's some testament - better than prime rib! Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here