Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclone Bomb Brisket Finale and Crusty Bread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclone Bomb Brisket Finale and Crusty Bread!

First of all, thank you RonB and Cheef ! You guys introduced me to Crusty Bread.... My first time making it was today, and it was spectacular! I feel bad for not having friends over to experience it with me! Super simple and spectacular!

Today's Brisket was a Prime 11.81LB from Costco Business in NE NJ. The first Prime Brisket I've been able to find, and Oh My!! Finally I found a place with Prime Brisket a a reasonable price. (the other Costco's are double that for Choice flats around here $6lb, this was $3.49lb).

Trimmed off a couple of pounds or so prepping, Kosher Salt and 16 mesh pepper rub (A little bit more of each than usual today), smoked at an average of 250Degrees. Mostly Oak, but I accidentally threw in a few Cherry pieces along the way I was saving for something else. Didn't realize I put Cherry in until I smelled it! First time I've used/smelled it. Love it.

Wrapped the Brisket in butcher paper at about 270. The bark was looking good, but clearly not done. I was worrying actually that I wrapped it too soon for several hours as I finished. I didn't wrap it too soon. Pulled at 205 Degrees, wrapped it in a towel and put in in a cooler (faux Cambro) until the temperature was about 165. I was waiting on the Crusty Bread to rise...

Bark was great, smoke ring was great, and most importantly of all, the taste was great. I wish friends were here to enjoy it with my wife and I!

Lessons Learned:
    1 - Use Prime Brisket!
    2 - Use more salt and especially more pepper! Be generous!
    3 - Wrap when meat is about 170
    4 - Let wrest for a long time. This was a the key change I made today vs. my last several cooks. Super tender and tasty. It was almost Pastrami amazing. No kidding, it was NYC Pastrami Great!
    5 - Make Crusty Bread! Lot's of butter. Often. Enough Said. Just do it!

My mother in law seems to like it

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1150020.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	462379

Name:	P1150035.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	462375

Name:	P1150051.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	462377

Name:	P1150055.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	462370

Name:	P1150064.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	462378

Name:	P1150255.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	462371

Name:	P1150197.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	462374

Name:	P1150175.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	462376

Attached Files

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Looks great!!! Awesome pictures too! Gimmie some of that!

Comment

Great lookin cook. The bread looks great too.

Comment

Oh Lordy! That looks great. Hey is that Costco Business open for people w a regular Costco card? Or do you need a special business owner membership?

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
            6th Borough BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes you can get in with a regular Costco card! You should definitely check it out.

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            6th Borough BBQ Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Hackensack, right?

• 6th Borough BBQ
            Editing a comment
            JCBBQ Yes Hackensack. Wait until you see what they have. It's impressive!

So much for the cyclone, the meat looks fantastic Great pic of mum enjoying.

Comment

Sweeeeeet. That is one beautiful looking brisket. 👍👍👍

Comment

That is one goooood look'n Bombobrisket!

Comment

That is one Great Lookin brisky!
                I'm so very glad ya (finally) had a mild day to cook out, brother!
                Felt dang good, huh?

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
                  Editing a comment
                  It was a perfect day and cook as far as I'm concerned. Not sure it gets any better!

Nice cook and great pics!

Comment

TIme to grab another and start curing it for your pastrami! Man, that is some great looking brisket!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here