Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought myself some quality Polish sirloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought myself some quality Polish sirloin

I went to my new favorite butcher in town. A real classy (read: expensive) place, but each cut of meat is labeled in detail so you know whether it's a cow or steer, which country, age in months, grass fed et.c. I love it. So, I treated myself to a real nice hunk of sirloin, from Poland. This cow was 60 months old before being slaughtered. I'll cook this using the (now) classic reverse sear method.

Part of the store

Click image for larger version

Name:	ag.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	460775

They're good at wrapping the meat in a nice package:

Name:	sirloin1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	460777

Here's the raw meat

Name:	sirloin2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	460776

And a closeup

Name:	sirloin3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	460778

That's 1 lb of meat, I'll be enjoying this cut tonight. Just add salt, nothing else.

Boy does that look great, Henrik. Hope you have a favorable interest rate on the loan to buy a full pound. Late afternoon in Sweden as I write this, so I assume you'll be chowing down relatively soon. Please let us know how (great) it is!

Comment

That is a beautiful shop and nice touch on the wrapping. I hope the steak was great!

Comment

That's a real sweet looking sirloin you got there Henrik.
        And that butcher shop WOW!!! I wonder if there are any like that here in States. I've never seen one that's for sure.

Comment

That looks like a quality piece of meat beyond a doubt! Man I would have had to look at the packaging a couple of days before I unwrapped it! A wax seal?!?! Are you kidding me!?! Can't wait to see when you're done!

Comment

Yep, all done 'n dusted! Great steak for sure. I did overshoot on temp, not happy about that, every 20 cooks or so I tend to relax a bit too much. Oh well, you live and you learn.

I did create a new sauce that went well with the meat. I made a classic hollandaise sauce, but added two teaspoons of green pesto. That turned out to be a nice compliment to the meat.

Comment

holy cow!
              (that’s what the cannabis stores look like in the US, I’ve been told.....)

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                I've only been in one. All I can recollect is being dizzy after walking out. Thankfully my supervisor was with me in case I had come up for a random test!

Yikes that's looks incredibly awesome!!

Comment

That's a great lookin' hunk o' meat for sure. And that shop does look veeeeery expensive. (I would have put a couple more "e"s in very, but they would have to raise the price even higher.

Comment

Beautiful piece of meat!

Comment

Man that's some fancy, smancy meat there Henrik !!! Almost looks like a rib plate. Nice marbling, enjoy !!!

Comment

Around here, that title would have been the lead in for a joke.

Comment

• smokenoob
                        smokenoob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        and......

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ha ha! I actually thought about that, whether I should rephrase the title or not.

Interesting Henrik, there is Polish jokes in Sweden. BTW my mothers parents were from Poland.
                      Much was talked about the meat , which looks outstanding. But, the package is something to be seen & not opened almost. Quality paper, tied perfectly AND with a wax seal, that is picture perfect.
                      Now, let’s see the end results.
                      Last edited by FireMan; March 1, 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree, they do a great job gift wrapping. The end result is gobbled down, wasn't happy with the cook, so in frustration I didn't shoot. Will need to buy another cut and get my revenge :-) Will post then.

Beautiful quality. Yeah when I see meat displayed like the first pic I know I'm about to make a dent in the wallet.

Comment

5 years old, all I can think of is Specified Risk Materials, by a long shot.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here