Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing deal on Dry Aged Steaks. Before and After.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing deal on Dry Aged Steaks. Before and After.

So I've been cooking a lot steaks lately given that I haven't had enough time to devote to firing up the smoker. Yesterday is was 74 Degrees and sunny. That is crazy weather for around here this time of year. Pretty much the perfect day as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't letting it go to waste. Time to cook!

I stopped by Whole Foods, and amazingly, they had Dry Aged Boneless Ribeyes priced incorrectly. They put them on the scale and 3 steaks cost about $135. They were giant and spectacular. I pointed out the display price was wrong and the matched the incorrect price. So for $55 I got the most spectacular deal ever on Dry Aged Boneless Ribeyes. I wish I had room to in my refrigerator to by them all.

I used my normal against the grain approach: Reverse-reverse sear with Oak Smoke!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140861.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	601.4 KB
ID:	458549

Name:	P1140905.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	491.5 KB
ID:	458551

Name:	P1140911.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	458550

Wow! Those look Great! Weather Turned a Bit eh? Snowing like Crazy in the Catskills, not so much here at home.

Comment

Wow those look absolutely amazing!! Excellent pictures too!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Great deal and cook.

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Very fine looking! I already had a couple of bottom round roasts in the SV, so decided to follow-through with them despite the great weather (besides, I was working). No pain, but I have a bunch of dry-aged ribeyes and strips in the freezer waiting to go!

Comment

I can’t believe with the winter you guys had that it’s now 70* in February!!!!

Regardless those steaks are to die for. I love the final pic, that says it all !!! Happy tummy ....

Comment

Well just got back from Whole Foods. They had some of the $19.99/lb dry aged but it was whimpy left overs. Said they would have more tomorrow. As I was leaving I spotted some chuck shorties they had that where cut about 4” in length. These babies were easily 3” thick with wagyu type marbling. On sale for $6/lb I bought two large plates from the butcher. These babies are going on the smoke soon, pix to follow.

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
                      6th Borough BBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      very nice! Post those pics!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here