Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef on Weck to watch the Bills game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    I love Duff's! Been a little over a year since I was there.

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    I just always find it easier to slice thin if the beef is cold but I don't see any reason not to do it the same day. The way the beef smelled we nearly did!

• The Burn
    replied
    Being that roast beef has always been my favorite hero/sub/hoagie/grinder, I was in heaven when I had my first beef on weck when visiting a friend at SUNY Buffalo years ago. Had a handful of business trips there and used to get my fill of Duff's each time. Unfortunately, it's been a couple of decades since I've been there.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Is it important to let it sit overnight after cooking and then heat up the next day, or can I cook it and eat it same day?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    vBulletin likes to simplify links to the main site instead of the path you actually are trying to paste (I don't know the proper IT jargon for that mess). But if you head to the Welcome & Announcements channel, there's a post in there called "PLEASE READ, how to post links" or something similar. It outlines the best & cleanest way to post them, besides good ol' copy & paste which can be long.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    HC, I read it on their menus years ago when it was still called "BW3". The story was about the "3" part of the name, referring to three Ws.

• HC in SC
    commented on 's reply
    I was also told that by a co-worker (the 'weck' part of BWW) and called BS - looks like I have an apology to deliver....LOL

• carolts
    replied
    Not sure why the link doesn't take you to the recipe, but if you search "kimmelweck" on the site there's only one recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    @Carolts, I've heard Hooters wings are good. I'm in love w/ BDubs and my wife isn't a fan of me going to Hooters, lol. So I've never had them.

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    I'd never heard that! A shame too, since we have several of those in our area but prefer Hooters wings. If they had weck we'd definitely go.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    It's a WNY (Buffalo area) delicacy. Like Hot Baloney sandwich in West Virginia, or Maryland crab cakes. It's actually quite good. You can get it most anywhere in the Buffalo area, along with Buffalo wings (duh!) and Fish Fry on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Sounds good, never heard of it.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Looks just like the real thing. Awesome job.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Yum yum! Haven't heard it called weck in a long time. Trivia tidbit: Buffalo Wild Wings used to be called BW3 (which is why myself and many other fans still call it "B-Dubs") The third W stood for weck. Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    I got lucky, Marauderer ;-) Won't cook them quite as long next time. A good gas oven can do wonders for bread. If I had thought it through I could have cooked them on the Primo too but I'm not sure I can control the temp well enough yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here