Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you top your tacos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you top your tacos?

I'm making homemade corn tortillas for tacos with leftover pulled chuck roast tonight. The tortillas will be small, about 5" diameter or so, and thus I want to keep things fairly simple.

What say you Pit members? How do you top your tacos?

Green pepper, tomato, onion, cheese, lettuce, salsa AND sometimes whatever else might be laying around in the frig.

Comment

I keep it simple...grilled onions seasoned with ground cumin and salt, fresh cilantro, and salsa.

Comment

I like shredded cabbage (red or green), thinly sliced radishes, sliced fresh jalapeno and of course some crumbled queso fresco. Don't forget the Tapatio hot sauce.

Comment

For pulled beef I think havarti cheese, little line of sriracha, light white onion (or red), diced sweet red pepper and cilantro.

Comment

jalapeno, onion, tomato or salsa, cheese, sour cream and like Skip anything left in the fridge.

Comment

Please try this, can’t remember where I found it. I use them often. Thai(?) pickles. Small cucumbers cut thin, top them with kosher salt and sugar. About 50/50. I never measure. Stir and put in fridge for a bit. That’s it. Simple and delicious.

Comment

Pickled red onions are a must! Very easy:

Comment

Pickled onion or cabbage,hot sauce.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here