Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Surf n Turf for Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Surf n Turf for Valentines Day

Click image for larger version  Name:	075748E3-9D41-4097-91E7-A5C2799FDA60.png Views:	1 Size:	313.3 KB ID:	452880
    So I’m going to cook this for my wife on Valentines Day. I ordered 8oz American Wagyu ribeye filets from Snake River Farms. And I picked up all the other ingredients locally. I need a good suggestion for a vegetable to go with this. I am cooking sliced baked potatoes as well. Also, never cooked lobster tail before, let alone butter poached lobster tail. Need advice. Garnish? Veggies?

For a veggie, I'd go with grilled fresh asparagus ...

Comment

Yes, asparagus and/or mushrooms.

Can use some fresh parsley for garnish.

Comment

Yeah, as Daddio on the Patio suggested, 'shrooms would be good, too. Also, if I can't find good fresh asparagus, I'll sometimes cook up some sauteed spinach and shallots as an alternative.

Comment

I'm a big fan of either oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, garlic and EVOO-sauteed broccoli, or grilled asparagus. Also for me, steak loves to have fresh sauteed mushrooms and either parmesan risotto or polenta. I think either of those would go good with lobster too.

Comment

I am with Huskee. I love to make cast iron Brussel Sprouts. Cut the stem and halve the sprouts. I throw them in a bag with avocado oil and Meathead's Simon and Garfunkel Rub. Toss in the bag until the are covered in oil and the S&G rub.

Get a cast iron pan up too about 350 F or so and pour in a high temp oil. I like to use Avocado oil because of it's high smoke point, and buttery taste that develops as it heats up. (It does not taste like avocados)

Place the halved sprouts in the hot pan, face down. Fry for about 10-12 mins on medium-high burner. Check the bottoms of the sprouts after 10-12 mins, once they are brown add a little balsamic vinegar and throw it in a 450 F oven. Then bake for about 8 mins.

Add coarse sea salt just before serving. Sometimes I will add crispy bacon to the pan as well.

I make this about 3 times a week. ​

Comment

• johnmcq4
              johnmcq4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I needed a side for my steak diner tonight and found some Brussel sprouts in the fridge. My wife usually does the sides when I grill but she is watching the grand's for the weekend. Searched AR and made my best effort using Spinaker recipe. Mine were a bit well done but still very tasty. I have yet to make MH Simon And Garfunkel rub and usually sub Mrs Dash Original since it is sodium free and contains the key
              ingredients.Thank you for sharing my belly is full of goodness.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here