Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 pound whole packer...UNTRIMMED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LowandSlow
    replied
    I agree Spinaker. There is an endless amount of tips that articles can't cover and everyone is here to help make great food!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Wow!!! That sandwich looks awesome!! Great write up. This one was fun to follow. I love it when the community gets together to help push a cook into the realm of amazing! Thats why this place is so cool to be apart of.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Wow!! look at that color. Can't teach that my friend!!

• _John_
    replied
    Looks awesome, even the leftovers.

Leave a comment:

• LowandSlow
    replied
    Brisket (flat) sandwich reheated in the TX BBQ juice on a roll! Holy moly it tasted kind of like a sloppy joe with all the juice on the bread, it was epic!!Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb in juice sandwich.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	46423

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    The tasty rewards from a long days cook are fun!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    You bet. Glad to help!

• David Parrish
    replied
    Awesome result L&S, especially considering we had to draw out the cook so long. I'm glad it turned out well!

Leave a comment:

• LowandSlow
    commented on 's reply
    Very happy! The middle of the flat was a little dry for me, but my Dad sure loved it! Thanks for all the advice throughout the day!!

• LowandSlow
    replied
    What a day! The family was very pleased and full from this wonderful brisket and my wifes fixins!Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb st8 out of foil.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	45605 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb done.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	45597 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb done moo.JPG
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	45601 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb birdseye.JPG
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	45602 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb flat backside.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	45600 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb flat bark.JPG
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	45607 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb round backside.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	45603 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb ring.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	45604 Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb smoke ring.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	45608
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Awwwyeah! NICELY done there partner! That is a purdy, picture perfect brisket!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    That looks pretty darn good. Were you happy with the result?

Leave a comment:

• LowandSlow
    replied
    Here is the money shot, in my opinion:

Click image for larger version

Name:	15 lb money smoke ring.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	45581

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    You should be alright. 2+ hours of a good warm rest really helps even things out. I've had two lower quality briskets that did not receive the proper "warm rest" and were less than ideal. Even though they were taken to 205 internal.

• LowandSlow
    replied
    If you guys are both right, I hope you're not, I'm still whipping up some Texas Barbecue juice (thanks to Jerod's help on my last brisket) so it should help: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_s...mop-sauce.html

I've had juices and rendering galore with this "beast"!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest