Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad I couldn’t wait for the super bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I couldn’t wait for the super bowl

I was gonna make some amped up Baltimore pit beef today for the super bowl but I got an itch and decided to do it yesterday instead. Went and picked up a 6 lb top round roast from the butcher on Thursday. Got it home then dried brined it. Went all day Friday at work thinking bout it and couldn’t get it outta my mind. Then I got a spur up my .....mind and decided to put it on the rotisserie on one of my gas grills instead of using one of my smokers or my charcoal grills. Sat morning came around and couldn’t wait till 8 to start cooking it. So I made some tiger sauce and Meathead secretariat horseradish sauce. I already injected it on Friday and could already tell it was gonna be juicy.
    4 hours later it was ready. I cooked it a little longer cause I was gonna tAke it over to my neighbors and he doesn’t like it med rare. He is more of a medium type so I compromised. Took it over to his house and finished it off on his charcoal grill. I cut an onion and left half of it raw and the other half I grilled just enough to make sweet but still with a crunch.
    I took my slicer over to his house and proceeded to slice it thinner than a paper. Used a Kaiser rolls and proceeded to dig in.
    Man you wanna talk about good stuff. Even made a lil au jus to dip it but it didn’t need any. Good thing I did both horseradish sauces cause he doesn’t prefer mayo to much. But he loved the other one. I myself liked both. I would slather the top bun with one sauce and then slather the bottom with the other. I was in heaven. Now I wanna make some more so I know what I’m making next Saturday A couple of pics to prove it happened
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FA97F876-FD78-4681-A45A-A53F467F7147.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	449978
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4E4AC2A6-0711-40F4-885C-E076F55D7310.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	449979Click image for larger version

Name:	8F7D22C5-881B-48DB-B95C-2E109736043C.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	449981Click image for larger version

Name:	D98A8B9B-2E30-4F51-9EAA-61F0FBC8E917.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	449982Click image for larger version

Name:	A23BED69-A963-494E-A78A-9DF6E1282A41.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	449984Click image for larger version

Name:	BD4E4F1C-D69F-4B42-899B-D536F5D48D1B.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	449985Click image for larger version

Name:	5F6859EC-F784-4019-A78E-8B7404F243B2.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	449986

That’s just a little of it sliced. I added a little string cause I didn’t want it to flop around. It didn’t need it but just a safety measure
    Attached Files

Wow. Nice. Great sandwiches.

Comment

Nice cook!

Comment

Outstanding.
        Without a doubt I have to do Baltimore pit sandwich’s this year. Been putting it off and don’t know why.
        Great job my friend.

Comment

Awesome, I need a slicer

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Pirate Scott Like this?

Just got one - it's pretty impressive!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here