Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef ribs, an all-night smoke by moonlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskee, which of your smokers did you use for this cook?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I used my Yoder offset. (The single rack sure looked lonely in there all by itself)

• Ray
      Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll bet it looked lonely...that Yoder of yours is a monster of a smoker! What was your final cook temp prior to going to the faux cambro?

@Ray The cooker averaged 240-250 with some variances either side, the meat hit a high of 194 (measured in only one spot) then I let the smoker cool a bit to hold them w/o cooking much further. The ribs dropped to 182 after about another hour of the pit dwindling downward to the 200 then 190 then 180 range. Then it was cambro time.

Comment

I might have missed it, but how long in the faux cambro?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        This time I went about 2 hrs. Then the temp petered down toward 140 so I pulled them out and did a QC test on one, and then almost another, and they went in the fridge.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, kind sir.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here