Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry aged rib roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium can't be bad on those beauties!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      It was still tasty - and I only screwed up one of the two.

did you age them yourself, or purchase them aged? I have though about attempting dry aging myself, but have always been scared to. Ill wet age a brisket, but I have heard horror stories about dry aging.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      This was the third roast I've done myself. I use the Umai bags - they're very straightforward. https://www.drybagsteak.com/

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can run a vacuum sealer, You can dry age beef with the UMai bags! Just takes some refrigerator space.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Super intrigued.... do they do what they say they do? I find it hard to believe I can actually simply dry age beef in my fridge and it be almost foolproof. If its true, sign me up. How long have you been using them and do you have a review for them, EdF

I think EdF and I have been doing this about the same amount of time. And going crazy for dry aged meat too! Man I need to do another! Umai has been around for a while now, and have a proven track record. Simply no easer way without a dedicated dry aging reefer, (which I am working on now). It's too easy man. Do it! The bags are a bit finicky to seal sometimes, but once you get the hang of it it is real easy.

UMAi bags worked perfectly. 35 days ago dropped in a 13 pound Strip Loin from Sam's. Tonight it ended in bliss. In all my 54 years I have never even eaten a

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      lonnie mac if a fellow Texan give a stamp of approval on a beef product, ill agree. Just told the wife to get me some. No offense EdF. It just seems tooooooo easy.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      It's easy. Read the forums on the site. I's important not to get too hung up about the bag being vacuumed. The only purpose of it is to pull the bag to the meat surface. 80% contact is fine. Then make sure it's a fridge you open and close a lot to get air flowing. And don't move the meat while drying.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here