Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilling your own steak in the restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling your own steak in the restaurant

Haven't been. May visit as it isn't far away.

I grew up just around the corner from there in Otsego and have some hunting property about 5 miles from there. It's not too far from us Aimless1 as I live in GR (Grandville) as well.
    It's a great experience. I would suggest going there on a night during the summer when the outside is open and a live band is playing. They have some pretty cool covered picnic tables that rock back and forth like a glider chair. I took my wife there last year for our anniversary and we stayed there for almost 3 hours listening to music, rocking and tippin a couple back. We also stayed at the Castle in the Country B&B just up the road. Not much to do in Allegan, but this place is pretty sweet.

Comment

We've got a couple places just exactly like that here in central Iowa called Rube's Steakhouse (two locations/same owner). We've been a few times with friends. All in all, it's a pretty good time. Lots of decent food, cold beer and a fun way to spend an evening with friends. More a social experience than a gastronomical awakening, but still a good time. Give it a try...

Comment

I went to something similar years ago in downtown San Diego called Strip Club. Pretty fun, definitely a more social experience as HorseDoctor mentioned - going with a bigger group can be lots of fun. Plenty of time to toss a few cold ones back while you stand by a hot grill! šŸ»

Comment

Pretty cool concept. I can see that being an option if you don't have enough space to entertain a crowd, or just don't feel like hosting a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMisunderstood View Post
            I grew up just around the corner from there in Otsego and have some hunting property about 5 miles from there. It's not too far from us Aimless1 as I live in GR (Grandville) as well.
            It's a great experience. I would suggest going there on a night during the summer when the outside is open and a live band is playing. They have some pretty cool covered picnic tables that rock back and forth like a glider chair. I took my wife there last year for our anniversary and we stayed there for almost 3 hours listening to music, rocking and tippin a couple back. We also stayed at the Castle in the Country B&B just up the road. Not much to do in Allegan, but this place is pretty sweet.
            Sounds like a good place to spend time with friends this summer. Taking the back way into Allegan from Jenison is a pleasant drive through the country. Grilled steaks, a variety of sides, music, eating out on the deck/patio sounds perfect.

Comment

• BigCountryQ
              BigCountryQ commented
              Editing a comment
              That is exactly the way I take! A37 is a great drive down there! It's a great time to just relax and have a good time. It's pretty chill. They actually have 2 menus depending on where you sit....outside/inside

Thank you for sharing. I'm just about 2hrs NE of y'all, and we go to GR a time or two per year. Wife's nephew and his family live there and we've been down to Founders, Two Scotts, and a few other places in GR area. We'll have to add this to the list.

Comment

That place is about an hour from me. I have not been there but have heard good things. I HAVE grilled my own steak at Hereford & Hops in Escanaba, MI. Great little Steakhouse and Brewpub in the U.P.!!!

Comment

Sounds really cool. Iā€™ll have to check the Escanaba place out. We just had a thread on not eating or likening restaurant food & here is a restaurant that you cook the food. Then, I have to think a moment & ask, wait a minute, why would I want to do that. Go someplace else & pay money to do what I do at home & pay more for doin it. Hmmm. Now the band & liquid refreshments thatā€™s another thing. Something to ponder.

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                  PJBowmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was in the U.P. on business. So the next best thing to grilling my own steak and drinking my own craft beer was H & H. Plus, I was on expense account....;-)

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here