Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas! - Prime Rib today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas! - Prime Rib today!

Cooked this 5.25 lb. trimmed, boneless “Prime” (Choice) Rib bad boy on my Weber Performer 22.5” using KBB. Used 2.2 oz. of Apple wood chunks. Followed MH’s recipe – rubbed with Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow Crust. Fat cap removed, kept rib cap on, and got it as round as possible. Approximate cook time 3.5 hrs. at a pretty steady 225°. Reverse seared to perfection. Family loved it! Check it out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime Rib - Ready for the Grill.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	44300 Click image for larger version

Name:	PR - Hot off the Grill.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	44301 Click image for larger version

Name:	PR- slices side shot.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	44302 Click image for larger version

Name:	PR-close up perfection.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	44303
    Last edited by Smokin'Rick; December 25, 2014, 08:12 PM.

Beautimous!

Comment

Rick, you're the man. I missed my invite. Next time.

Comment

This long time line dog thinks he is seeing a true work of art! Well done Rick! The crust is excellent and the color is perfect.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed!

Did the exact same thing for dinner. On sale at Publix for $7.29 a lb. Turned out great. Also had garlic mashed potatoes. Nom nom

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly! And when I pour the juices from my cutting board drainage channel, I am good to go. I always get the last piece / most juice

• Smokin'Rick
          Smokin'Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicely done FLB! I bet the garlic mashed was as delicious!

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks excellent.

Way to go rick

Comment

Wow Rick, that's awesome looking

Comment

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments. Always learning and getting better each time! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time with your families.

Comment

Textbook!

Comment

Gorgeous! Did you try the Secretariat Horseradish Sauce? We had Christmas dinner yesterday, my prime rib didn't turn out near as pretty as yours, my cooker kept spiking at 250 so ended up finishing on very low temp in the oven after the first 1-1/2 hours. The horsey sauce is stellar!

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                  FLBuckeye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree! I make it every time I do a SRR. When I eat the leftovers (when there are leftovers, not often), I eat the meat cold with the sauce

• Smokin'Rick
                  Smokin'Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. Wanted to CandySue (), but I didn't have time to get all the ingredients ahead of time. I bet it would have been stellar indeed!

FLB, My wife cut two nice slices for us to eat then shaved the rest to serve as a cold appetizer for her side of the family's Christmas party on Saturday and we use a creamy store bought horseradish sauce that went quite well with it. But there will be a next time for the SHS! Thanks.
                  Last edited by Smokin'Rick; December 29, 2014, 10:55 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here