Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Chuckies in the Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Chuckies in the Snow

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2809.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	439248 Got a couple of CAB chuckies to smoke tomorrow. Gonna get them salted.

Next step. Unearth the grill and table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2810.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	439251

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      A little fire will take care of that ;-)

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the shed / work shop.
      I'll probably do it on the Weber

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      All our Snow was gone Yesterday, I even hosed off the Grill Deck & moved the Bird feeders and some other light yard work. We got Slammed last night with Snow , but I put on a small Brisket @ 0700.

Have fun in that white stuff.

Comment

I too shall be chucking it up in the snow later today or tomorrow. We’ve had some unseasonally warm weather here in the mnt west so not as much snow on the ground as you do. (Skiers not happy).
      Enjoy the cook!

Comment

Good price on those chuckies. Have fun smoking them, and have even more fun eating them!

Kathryn

Comment

I love smoked chuckies.

Comment

When I was younger and much poorer, I used to grill chuckies (most likely 7-bone roasts) for steak. Actually not bad if'n you cut away the fatty chunks and gristle. Lately (last three decades or so), I braise 'em in stews, etc. I'm just gonna have to smoke one soon. Any particular cut or cuts recommended?

Comment

All that snow...just makes the end result taste even better. Fire always beats ice!

Comment

That's an awesome price on those chuck roasts. Sprouts will have them on sale every once in a while for $2.99/lb. Better load up!

Comment

Whats the preferred method on smoking them chuckies.

Comment

• hogdog6
                    hogdog6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like to S-VQ chucks. 235* for 48 hrs. A quick snow bath, in the fridge till ready to smoke. Smoke to 135* I.T.

Chuckies!!! Pulled beef is great stuff. Enjoy!

Comment

I’m smoking up some chuckies tomorrow as well. Just no snow here in CO. In fact I think the temp is supposed to be in the mid 50’s.

Comment

Love me some pulled beef

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here