Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standing Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one hour and 10 min into the cook. Meat IT at start was 40*F and is now 64*F.

I am trying to decide what I will have for desert tonight. Vanilla Bean ice cream, Butter Pecan ice cream, or Peppermint ice cream with hot fudge. I made all three and am leaning towards the Peppermint. Oh I also made the hot fudge which was an interesting experience as it was my first time and an unknown recipe. Everyone says I nailed it though.

Comment

2nd hour complete, IT is 99*F and it is starting to get some color.

Comment

Looks promising!

Comment

I love your pics. What you're doing is as good as one can get. Beautiful job. Now, just the wait till your temp arrives.

Comment

Agreed, that is looking mighty fine

Comment

Ok, IT is 129*F, I had to think of the wife and daughter. Off it comes.

I started cutting within 5 min. of removal.

Thanks Dave for the 127*F. 129*F wasn't to bad and everybody liked it except the wife and daughter. Oh well, I will feed them junk next time.

Comment

Barry I don't care what the ladies said. Tell them it's myoglobin You done good. Nice cook Sir!

Comment

Oh my! That look good Sir!

Comment

Well executed project my friend! I'm not sure if I should move to GA to live next door to you, or NC to live next to Pit Boss. Maybe you all should just hike it on up to MI.

Tell the women to eat with their mouths not their eyes. I said that to my mom last week when I had my folks over for steaks. She gave me that mom look, lol. She likes "a little pink, not too much" (medium to med well). She got medium rare. She did say she loved it though. Thankfully my wife is on board with medium rare.
                    Last edited by Huskee; December 25, 2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• The Burn
                      The Burn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Shoot for the middle, say Columbia, South Carolina.

Beautiful! I'm getting enthused. Our family dinner is Sunday! Dry brining tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. AR and you guys are why this was a good success.

Comment

Barry, that's a good lookin' roast. I cooked my like I wanted it and let the step-daughter throw her slices under the broiler. Though to her credit, her taste range is starting to lean pinker

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
                          Barry, that's a good lookin' roast. I cooked my like I wanted it and let the step-daughter throw her slices under the broiler. Though to her credit, her taste range is starting to lean pinker
                          We fight the good fight against over cooked steak... One steak at a time. Keep it up TB!

Comment

Oh btw Barry I bought the DW a 10 piece set of All clad d5 cookware for Xmas. How are you liking your so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                              Oh btw Barry I bought the DW a 10 piece set of All clad d5 cookware for Xmas. How are you liking your so far?
                              Initial impression, They are great. The D5 is much more sensitive to heat meaning a lower heat provides the same results on the D5 that a higher heat did on the old 3 ply. I am liking the curves on the sides and edges also. Overall I think I made the correct decision. I hope you'll enjoy your and get as much enjoyment out of them that I am.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here