Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love me some BEEF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me some BEEF!!

I like pork...a lot....but for me beef is where it’s at.
    My son’s campus job at the University of Illinois is in the meat lab. They raise, butcher, cut and sell their own beef. So he brings me a really nice 5lb chuck roast and some beef short ribs for my birthday. So I’m just now getting around to cooking. The marbling on this Meat is awesome!! So up early this morning, Kicked off a few kbb’s in the kettle to thaw it out...ha. Grabbed the bbbr and gave the roast a light coating with it and some extra coarse ground black pepper. The ribs got hit with a little sweater homemade rub that usually gives me a nice bark.
    So I have the kettle loaded up and she’s sitting on around 255 with a nice apple wood smoke going. I’ll bring her down to 225-230 here in about an hour and let it ride.
    Oh, my cooking buddy was up helping me...Ha. Click image for larger version  Name:	F7296343-F9B2-41AC-96A3-0C4081283BC4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	436162Click image for larger version  Name:	E4E30CB0-9A7B-4F70-AE78-14470BBD7BE6.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	436163
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5CB11156-6BFB-4B74-A08F-FE6477BDE33C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	436164Click image for larger version  Name:	7C0E46A8-FCBC-4EA3-BAD7-3B3615AA0112.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	713.6 KB ID:	436161
    Last edited by Dadof3Illinois; January 7, 2018, 09:56 AM.

Looking good. I think your cooking buddy is only waiting to help you eat.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, he got a pound of ground head cheese off the counter a couple weeks ago while I was out prepping the smoker. He loves when I’m grilling...Ha.

"Waiting for the Meat Man, ..."

Comment

I like that marbling . Your cooking buddy's chances of tasting it later today are much better than mine

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Eat Beef KS.JPG Views:	1 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	436176

Yep, yer Cookin' Buddy looks most eager to assist!
        Cute Doggie!
        Yer cook is lookin' great!

GO BEEF!!!

Comment

Looks incredible thanks for sharing! 👍🏻

Comment

I'm with you - Beef is Best. However, my doctor begs to differ - healthwise.

Comment

• bardsleyque
              bardsleyque commented
              Editing a comment
              What do doctors know...

Got Beef?

Comment

There’s the BEEF!

Comment

Looking great Jerry. 👍 AJ sure is a good looker. 🍾

Comment

What a cool job your son has! Nice perks for you too. Great looking dog!

Comment

Here was the end result. Told my son to make sure to get more of those short ribs, they were some of the best I’ve ever had. He said he gets them for 1.99 lb, I’m thinking more beef ribs are in my future. The bark on the roast was perfect and the meat was melt in your mouth.
                    I think I have just enough of the roast left for my lunch tomorrow..Ha.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	3BCF9374-1947-48F2-93B8-3A6E4957D480.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	436478Click image for larger version  Name:	6850A860-77B9-4D9C-892C-6CED98180CB5.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	436477

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Does your son still live at home? In my house leftovers have a mysterious way of disappearing over night.

• Dadof3Illinois
                      Dadof3Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just when he comes home from school. But yea we feed 6 of us so we don’t get many leftovers. I fixed 2 big ribeyes along with the ribs and roast. Only had enough roast left for my lunch.

WOW that looks amazing!!!!

Comment

Dude!!!!!! I'm in love with Short Ribs!

Comment

Wowza! $1.99 I'm in!! Darn good looking food there.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                          Dadof3Illinois commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They have pretty good prices overall, some things are more expensive than say at Costco but overall not bad.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here