Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find Tritip and striking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find Tritip and striking out

I live in Virginia and cannot find any butcher that carries or is willing order Tritip for me. There are no independent butchers close to me and the only butchers nearby are at local grocery chains (including Sams and Costco), which is part of the problem. Those of you who are in a similar situation, can you recommend a good place online to order Tritip? Thanks!

Same problem in central Canada. I think I have only seen it once.

Comment

Double R ranch with Snake River farms.

Comment

Restaurant Depot in Richmond may have them, but you have to have a business license to shop there.

I have seen them at the Boneyard in Midlothian, but I don't know if they have them all the time.
        Last edited by RonB; January 7, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Resale license.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          From their website:
          "Restaurant Depot is wholesale only. To qualify for a free membership account, on your first visit you need to show a valid reseller's permit (business license) or tax-exempt certificate (for a non-profit organization) and show proof that you are authorized to purchase for said business or organization."

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard that they don't care what business you are in as long as you have a license.

I got a place!, Seasidemarket.com .. they have a grass fed TT that is out of this world. To quote them - Our Burgundy Pepper Tri Tip is a delicious USDA Choice tri tip trimmed, marinated and infused with a one-of-a-kind Burgundy Pepper marinade, which through our secret process, results in tri tip that is incomparably flavorful and tender.

I've had SRF TriTip, it's awesome, but sadly it's very overpriced for a measly 2lb (or less) piece of meat ... at this time, i cannot recommend it.

Seasides's Ti Tip's are approx. 3.5 lbs & cost $40.

Comment

Crowd Cow occasionally has them as a share. Depends on which farm the cow up for sale comes from. https://www.crowdcow.com/l/u9a6365b8
          Last edited by Donw; January 7, 2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Seems like tri-tip is not very popular on the East Coast. I can get it from my butcher, but it's rather pricey at $10.99/lb.

Comment

We find them at Wegmans here in Sterling Va.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
                ColonialDawg commented
                Editing a comment
                Man I loved Wegmans when we lived up there. We just had a Martin's close and it was Rumored that a Wegmans was going to buy the space. Not so. Instead we are getting a Publix, which ain't bad but I know nothing about their meat dept.

• gabulldog
                gabulldog commented
                Editing a comment
                I practically lived at the Wegmans in Ashburn when I was up there for a year. Place was awesome...

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, they have good quality in just about everything. gabulldog

Crazy how Regional meat is. I picked up prime tri tip from Costco in New Mexico a few weeks back. I hope you are able to find some.

Comment

• ColonialDawg
                ColonialDawg commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, man, you are so lucky! It is wierd how regional those big box stores are. But, you never know. One day I asked if they carried whole packers out here and they said no. Not 2 weeks later they had a whole section filled with prime packers.

Take a look at Creekstone Farms. They had a sale on 3 tri-tips last month, all angus.

Comment

Try a Mexican market that sells meat, it’s called punta something.

Comment

• smokinsteve
                  smokinsteve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I, too, have been told Mexican markets carry tri-tip. Lucky for me a nearby butcher has it for $6.99/lb.

There is only one place that carries it regularly, in the TC, that I have found. Trader Joes. Alas, I have no ambition to drive there just for TT. If they carried it at my Costco or my local grocer, I would probably make it more often.
                I too find it interesting to how available some meats are in certain parts f the country/world/

Comment

I can buy Tri tip all day long in vac sealed packs with about 6 in there. It's about $2.99lbs. Select meat but it's delicious because of the cut. Especially in the SV.

Comment

East Coast is tough. I finally found a place about a year ago. It's an Argentinian butcher. If you have any South American butchers or grocery stores you might try there. None of standard places carry it. I found one butcher who would order it IF I bought a whole case! Your best bet is to order it on line if you can't find it locally.

Comment

I think I may have scored. I discovered there is a Whole Foods about 30 minutes from me. They said they can get one for me and it's CAB. I forgot to ask about price but it has to be better than Snake River Farms and Creekstone. I'm sure their meats are excellent but I have 5 mouths to feed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here