Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefalo Ribs - cooking suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefalo Ribs - cooking suggestions

I have a pack of beefalo short ribs that I thought was a plate. Turns out they are individual ribs. I've never cooked beef ribs of any kind & I'm looking for suggestions here. Should I just bbq them similar to rib plate. Do I risk getting them overcooked before they really have time to get tender? I welcome any suggestions.
    Last edited by jerrybell; December 30, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Bone-in short ribs are great! Follow the same low-n-slow process with a good beef rub and cook until probe tender. If you want less bark, crutch-wrap when they start getting dark.

Comment

Agreed... low and slow, use a decent rub, don't worry about IT, as it's tough to get an IT reading on any ribs, even big bad beef ribs. When they're probe tender you can also try to pull some of it away from the bone and they will likely peel off the bone like buttah. With them being singles and separated, they will cook quicker than a slab/rack, I wouldn't be surprised if you get 'em to the perfect tenderness in 3-4 hours, but it could take 5 - I'd be surprised, though.

<edit> Been a long while since I've done beef ribs, so my memory may be off, but I'm going to have to correct that shortly, I think!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here