Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm much less experienced than most of the people commenting here so I'm just offering this in the spirit of brisket inexperience. I have cooked 3 Costco prime briskets and they have all been good. The first was probably the best piece of meat I've ever cooked and I've been trying to equal it ever since. I'm not a big fan of celebrity chefs but I decided to use Aaron Franklin's instructions as a starting point because I tend to change every recipe I encounter and I wanted a "control group". But his exact instructions did result in that perfect (in my eyes) brisket that first time. That's not to slight any other recipe, especially the ones on this site. It's just to say that his recipe can result in wonderful brisket. I'm not exactly sure why the others haven't been as good (and when I say that, I mean most of it tastes wonderful but there are some drier areas while that first one was was perfectly tender and juicy every inch of the brisket). I tend to think it's figuring out when exactly to pull, making sure it rests in a cooler for close to 2 hours and probably trimming wisely. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me several years, and a lot of briskets, before I really felt comfortable with cooking them. I think consistency is the single most important thing. And Aaron Franklin’s very simple approach to brisket is awesome.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll have to look for Franklin’s brisket instructions online. Always good to review another recipe.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here