Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14lb packer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14lb packer

My first full packer. Injected(Butcher BBQ Brisket Marinade)and salted 24 hours prior. Rubbed...thought I had it timed with everything I was reading. Put it on at noon figuring at least 20 hours @225*. NOT! 3am the maverick went off at 203*. Did not crutch as I REALLY wanted it to take longer so I could sleep in! Luckily I had the cooler full of hot water and the tin foil and towels ready. Out to the garage to wrap and into the faux cambro. It was still 160* at 9am. Woke everyone to the smell of me pulling(yes...I know it is akin to blasphemy to pull but that is what we like). Doughnuts and snitzels of pulled brisket for breakfast.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0417.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	424988Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0422.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	424989Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0424.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	424990
    Last edited by rmeugene; December 17, 2017, 05:30 PM.

Nothing wrong with brisket for breakfast. I heard that's the new breakfast of champions

Comment

Brisket for breakfast .... yum! I make brisket hash a lot.

Comment

I would say that 15 hours is longer than most of my brisket cooks go. I just had my longest cook ever, last weekend at 19 hours. It was injected, which I rarely do, so I figured that is why it went so long.

Do your briskets usually take 20+ hours?

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I never inject .... I do wrap thinner briskets or flats ..... full packers generally run 14 hours for me. Flats run 8 hours, usually.

• rmeugene
          rmeugene commented
          Editing a comment
          I had read that the full packer would take 1-1.5 hours/lb depending on temp. So I was figuring near 20 hours. I know better now.

• JTpellets
          JTpellets commented
          Editing a comment
          My full packers usually take 18-20 hrs. I inject, but i also wrap (around 170). I normally pick out larger ones as long as they look good. Typically around 15 lbs.

I usually find my to be 45 min per lb, I think.... The last one I did was 275 the entire way no wrap, no stall. Wife said it was my best.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
          Gunderich_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. I have found that anywhere from 250 to 300 will not hurt the brisket. I also have never gone much above 12 hours on a Weber kettle with Slow n Sear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8B1BC28-4C73-473C-8A42-D33917A675FA.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	425106 Someone mentioned brisket for breakfast. Frying it like bacon...

Comment

• Butchman
          Butchman commented
          Editing a comment
          Brisket is great with eggs!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is! Nice Finex too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3563AC95-49B8-4AB3-8350-6395AA2D4B7C.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	425150

Only thing that beats brisket and eggs is topping it with hollandaise.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking "Brisket Benedict" just before I saw your comment! ;-)

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here