Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time smoking jerky on Traeger + Dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time smoking jerky on Traeger + Dehydrator

I'm attempting to make Jerky for the first time using a two step process. I've only made it one other time, and did it all on the Traeger (5 hours on smoke), the jerky tasted a little too smoky. This time I want to try to add some smoke flavor, and kill off the nasty stuff on the traeger, and then finish it off on the dehydrator. Any suggestions out there for how long I should smoke?
    Last edited by Niteskie; July 23, 2014, 02:44 PM.

Seems like some thin slices of meat like that wouldn't take long. I would go straight from the fridge to the smoker and within an hour they should be good to go. I know my ribs are after only one hour in the smoke.

Comment

I am doing the same process this afternoon. Left in Rec REC for 30 minutes at 180 then to dehydrator. The samples I have tasted so far lead me to do 60 minutes next time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here