Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie Chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie Chuck roast

6+ pounds. Dry brine with salt over night. Covered with Memphis dust. 5 hrs with grill temp at about 250° - 275°. Removed from grill at IT of 157°.
    Juicy and very very good.

Here is my full notes on the cook for any one with questions/suggestions.

Dec 3rd, 2017
    Chuck roast
    6# +, rotisserie

2 large roasts.
    Salted and put in fridge the night before.
    Morning of, stacked them and tied real well together in a roll.
    Rubbed good with Memphis dust after misting with a little water.
    Lit 12 Stubb's and stacked in corner of SnS, and filled the rest with unlit.
    Added 4 oz of apple wood on hot end.
    Put on grill at 2:00pm.
    Shooting for 225° or so.
    45 minutes into it I realize I forgot to tighten up the screws on the spit forks so I had to open it up and tighten.
    At 3 o'clock the grill temp was at 278°.
    Cranked the vents nearly closed. I think the wood makes it burn hotter.
    4:00 grill temp was 263°.
    4:30 grill temp 255°.
    5:00 Beck up to 261°.
    Both vents nearly closed. Just a crack.
    6:00 243°.
    7:00pm removed from grill.
    5 hrs with grill temp at about 250° - 275°. Removed from grill at IT of 157°.
    Juicy and very very good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joetee; December 5, 2017, 10:08 AM.

Looks wonderful. How was the MD on the beef ?

Comment

Looks fabulous

Comment

i did one similar, but stayed on the rare end and injected as well. I also used cow crust. looks good!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the Cow Crust! I always throw it on, extra thick!

Looks delicious brother!

Comment

Looks Delicious

Comment

It looks absolutely fantastic, was it tender at that internal temp? I was under the impression that chuckies need to get to around 195 for them to be tender so that is why I am asking.

Comment

Looks very good. I've been thinking of trying this.

Comment

Well I took it off at that temp because I ran out of time. Wasn't able to put it on until 2pm. Took it off at 7 for dinner. Next time I will cook it longer.

But to answer your questions, it was tender and juicy.
                I prefer rare but no body else would eat it at my house.

The Memphis dust to me is excellent. I like the sweeter taste. I haven't tried the other meat rubs you mention. Will have to one day.

It was two roast stacked together and tied like a rolled roast. Worked out very well.

I used Chuck because it was on sale for $2.99 a pound.

Comment

Initial response "ooooooo". Looks good gotta try that.

Comment

Good looking cook Joe!

Comment

That looks great. I just had rotisserie chicken. There’s nothing I don’t on the Weber kettle rotisserie attachment. I will have to try a chuckie.

Comment

Oooooo, I don't have a rotisserie. That looks really goood!

Comment

We are still talking about how good it is even with left overs.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
                            Oooooo, I don't have a rotisserie. That looks really goood!
                            Try using Grill Grates. Flip the roast every 20-30 minutes to a new uncooked side.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here