Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow cooker vs Sous vide vs Pressure cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow cooker vs Sous vide vs Pressure cooker

So I am half way through making pastrami, I brined 5lbs brisket (point) for 5 days, spiced and smoked it yesterday at about 200F for 5hrs, the meat got to about 160F. But then life got in the way and I had to stick it in the fridge to be finished today. I'm not firing up the kamado again so now I can choose:

Slow cooker
    Pressure cooker
    Sous vide

Which method should I go to next for lovely moist pastrami? And how?

Sous vide would be my choice, but I don't have a pressure cooker. Get that meat up to 190 for about 4 hours.

Comment

NOT slow cooker

Comment

Use the slow cooker to keep things warm.

Pressure cooker will wreck whatever bark you've established.

Sous Vide is the correct answer. Much as some folks around here may think otherwise.

Comment

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got that right!

I just want to welcome you to The Pit since this your first post. Out of your three choices I would also choose SV.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
          Sous vide would be my choice, but I don't have a pressure cooker. Get that meat up to 190 for about 4 hours.
          https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rami-perfected
          Thanks, I might have to go for 5+ hours as I didn't cook for that long before but I appreciate the repsonse

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here