Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only Prime Dry-Aged ribeyes I will probably ever eat in my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only Prime Dry-Aged ribeyes I will probably ever eat in my life

Now if I could just find a website that tells me how to cook these things.

Twas a gift. Just like the pricey BBQ accessories that I possess (Thermapen, ICelsius.....).

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	41626

Boy someone must love you. I think you get your grill "medium-hot", (be sure to check the thermometer on your grill's lid) then put them on there for twenty minutes until when you push on them they feel like the heel of your hand. Then give 'em another 5 minutes. You don't want any pink. Pink is blood.

I cannot possibly be more sarcastic than I am being here.

Comment

I'd poke holes in several spots with a fork and every few minutes squish them and see if the juices are clear. Keep the lid open too, you are grilling not baking.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        We're just jealous, show us some good reverse sear pics. You plan on hanging them in the PBC?

Thinking of just dropping them in the crock pot over night. Little Tony's....or....

Dry brining over night, put on the grate in the PBC with maybe 8 briquettes so I can run 200-ish to get to 115 internal.

Reverse sear over coals in the Smokey Joe that will be corralled with bricks. Dang it. Just dumped 5 pounds of pork and brisket fat over the fence. Oh well, I got two more briskets to trim tomorrow.

That will be the second one, just in case the first one does not work out following y'all's directions....
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 19, 2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I imagine your neighbor dumping 5 pounds of animal fat over your fence is a common thing in Texas.

• PenskeFile
        PenskeFile commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - pretty much. Especially if their dogs bark a lot.

Not a bad idea. Maybe dump some Open Pit barbecue or A1 in there and let it boil overnight.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Boil, is that before or after simmer???

Jerod... do you have a sugar mama somewhere?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Heck no. Too ugly. I joke about my lack of promotions at work. You have to make yourself look good on paper, well crap, I can't make myself look good in front of a mirror.

I think we need some remediation cooking lessons here. SMH. LOL.

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

LOL, you guys are the best!! That's funny

Comment

They look kinda fatty to me - might want to just grind it up and use it in some Hamburger Helper. LOL - Kidding, of course!

I say go with the Tony's - that stuff is jam-up on about anything but pecan pie!

Comment

I checked the mail box yesterday for my invite for the meal. It wasn't there, maybe today!! Oh well, we do expect pics and a complete write up as those RE Steaks look fantastic.

Comment

An experiment in my fridge. USDA prime at about 2 weeks. Wish I could attached a smell file.

Comment

Sorry picture wouldn't upload from my ipad.

Comment

Comment

Wow. W.A.!!!

I'm not sure I want my wife to even get one of these. She likes well-done. I think it is a felony to do that to a steak like this.

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know exactly what you mean Jerod. My wife is the same way.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here