Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resting temps....in the faux cambro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resting temps....in the faux cambro

Smiked a nice prime rib roast for dinner. It is currently in the faux cambro, what temps should i keep an eye out for to pull it out? It has been 2.5 hours and sitting at 131 right now. How much longer can i keep it in?

Did you sear it?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I would eat it or bring it up to desired temp and eat it. What temp was it after the Sear?

Thatss plenty of time and "Theoretically" youth don't want to hold that temp forever.

Comment

I seared at 138, after the sear it said 150... ill get it back in the oven to bring it to temp.

Comment

You could certainly serve it at 131. It’s already cooked to at least medium well done. 🤔 No sense cooking it any longer unless you’re making jerky...

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              yes! Eat it

Yes! It's ready. Eat it.

Comment

Eat soon. No point in leaving in the danger zone longer than you have to.

Kathryn

Comment

It was delicious, but i still want to know what temps to look for to know i need to get it out of the cambro...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Once you get below 135 you are entering the upper end of the food safety danger zone. Overall not a great idea to keep foods in this zone. The rule in food service is keep the cold foods cold (under 41) and the hot foods hot (135 and over). We can serve steaks that are still intact at temps under 135 internal due to searing and taking care of the outside surface.

• HorseDoctor
                  HorseDoctor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not grasping why one would put a prime rib roast in a cambro in the first place? Cook it to desired internal temp (130 for me please) and serve! No need for further cooking or tenderizing in the cambro...

I agree that it's not necessary to cambro that roast at all, but if it's done too soon, you might have to cambro it. What temp were you shooting for? 150* is at least med well. ~ 140* would be med, and ~ 130 would be med rare. As Jerod said, you are tempting gastronomic fate with a low holding temp, so keep it above 135*.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here