Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential pastrami threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essential pastrami threads

Hi Pit, I have a prime brisket in the fridge for this weekend, but now have to drive to Gainesville, FL and back on both Saturday and Sunday. A long cook is out of the pic for me this weekend, so I think I want to make pastrami. I'm reading MH's corned beef and pastrami articles now, but are their any essential pastrami threads on this site I shouldn't miss, or any extra advice that you all could offer? I want to do this right. Thanks

If you want to do it right then follow Meathead recipe to the T

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      + 1

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      When DW and RonB weigh in I feel more confident

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Search "pastrami" your thread will come up.

Comment

Do you do SV?

If not, and if you want to save some time or some days, just smoke it exactly like a brisket to every detail. Smoke it, wrap it when/if you'd wrap a brisket, cambro it, slice it eat it, makes a one day event out of it.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        JCBBQ I soak for 8-10hrs to desalinate, then dry it lightly so there's enough moisture to help the rub stick, then I usually smoke it up to wrap temp which for me is 180-190 then to probe tender or 200-205, then a couple hr cambro hold then slice & serve. Mh recommends letting the rub sit on it a day or two before smoking

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee. How about you? When you are smoking all the way to probe tender, do you still let the rub sit for 2 days or just rub and go?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        JCBBQ I am a bit of an impatient fella. I have done it both ways and I stick with the quickest way, rub & go just like brisket. If Meathead's way is 10/10 mine is a solid 9, I like 9 just fine.

Try this method sometime. I've done this with a regular brisket and the SV at the end. It worked for me. Hats off to David Parrish. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rami-perfected

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        +1.

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Skip

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, I searched pastrami and this thread was nowhere to be found. If you hadn't provided it, Skip, I'd never have seen it. Thanks again!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here