Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got so excited over a brisket find I forgot my phone at the brisket bin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ColonialDawg you need a kettle in your life.

Comment

Yeah buddy! There's just something about a loaded kettle that is super sexy. Specially with stuff I don't get to cook. Jerod Broussard carry on fine sir! Feel free to cut a piece of that point off for me too. 😎

Comment

178 internal and barked enough. Twas flipped some time last night. Few spots are more brown, but the surface is hard and I don't want to dry out the sides anymore. Fairly probe tender for only 178 internal. Ran 250-253 all night. Now it can slow ride at 225 in the oven until 200-203 internal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171029_082235.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	403027

Comment

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmmmmmmmm.......

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll be there in a few hours.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey Bring that package mailed from California last Monday with ya

Beautiful! That why you’re the Brisket King 🤴

Comment

Right at 40% yield. Not bad for almost 20 pounds to start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171029_161907.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	403379Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171029_161920.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	403380Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171029_164747.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	403381

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          HawkerXP Anna got 1/3 and Carolyn got 2/3

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take that 1/3.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Lookin' good!

There're the pics I was waiting for! Haysus that looks good.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

You never disappoint with your brisket Jerod! Just awesome!

Comment

Interestingly enough I was at Costco yesterday and saw a bunch of prime briskets in their usual place and happened upon one of the butchers. He was nice enough to go in the back and see when they were packaged and sent to them. The date on the wrapper is simply the date they receive them and put a price and time stamp on them. The date on the current briskets was October 28th. The boxes said the pack date was October 8th. That's a full 3 week of wet aging PRIOR to any additional aging in the frig. I have one due to come out November 7th. Not really sure how old that one is but it will be 3 weeks aged in my frig until finally cooked. Given 2-3 weeks from processing to me means 5-6 weeks of aging. My 25% margin for processing to store may be conservative!

Regardless that brisket looks awesome Jerod Broussard . I'd eat that any day !!!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Editing a comment
                No doubt on your conservative estimate!

And when I let the Genie out of the bottle and she asked what my first wish was I replied "To sample some of Jerod's brisket". Looks beautiful man!

Comment

Fantastic lookin' brisket, Jerod!!!!
                Thanks fer takin' us along, fer Th' Ride, Amigo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here