Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time cooking Beef Ribs, will be doing this again ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time cooking Beef Ribs, will be doing this again ASAP!

Not sure how I've never cooked beef ribs before, but I never have. This is one of the easier items to cook.

I trimmed them well and then dry brined them for about 4 hours, next time will do overnight.

Then added Meat Church Holy Cow rub.

Set Egg to 285 indirect with 4 pecan chunks. Cooked around 5'sh hours, took them off when probe felt like probing butter, temp was around 200F.

So simple will be doing this ASAP, I got a feeling my baby back ribs will be staying in the freezer for a long time.

Yum yum yum, those look so good, I'm slobbering! Sometimes Costco will sell racks of the short ribs and stock up on 'em.

Comment

• ImmersionFD
      ImmersionFD commented
      Editing a comment
      well have to check that out and reactive my Costco membership.

Great lookin' ribs. Beef ribs are mighty tasty...

Comment

I hope you got to eat those bad boys. I see something lurking in the background just waiting to pounce on that plate. Very nice

Comment

• ImmersionFD
        ImmersionFD commented
        Editing a comment
        I made rookie mistake and only bought 2 so Sammy didn't get any of those ribs! He did get to chew on the bone after I took every single bit of meat off it

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        ImmersionFD just be careful with the bones for Sammy. Although the bones weren’t cooked at high heat the length of time the bones did cook for could make them brittle and splinter.
        There’s another post running now about cooking for dogs. Check it out.

Yummy!

Comment

I LOVE beef short ribs and those look outstanding! I go to my local butcher and ask him for a plate, which will be 3-4 bones. The butcher will even trim them they way I want them trimmed. :-)

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here