Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri Tip Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danjohnston949 you know you can season after you Sous Vide, right?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Sir and I Did❓ Like I said in the Post, I think if I hadn't put a couple dollups of Liquid Smoke in the Bag the Roast Would have been Bland❓ Next time I going to add some Cayenne Pepper to the Mix!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Between the time you remove from the bag and throw on the grill, you can rub or flavor however.

Chili flake in the bag will likely not improve flavor much.

I just had my first tri-tip. It was fantastic. I sous vide at 131 F for 9.5 hours (put in before work and took out after work), popped into an ice bath for an hour, rubbed with some evoo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle powder, and on to the rec tec at 225 until it hit 110 F. I then seared it on an upside down GrillGrate over a chimney of coals. This is basically the same process used in David Parrish's video on sous vide and tri-tip mentioned earlier in the thread. I used a choice tip that I had vacuum sealed and froze for later use straight from the freezer, not salt or anything else in the bag. My wife and daughter were impressed with a capital I. 25 yr old daughter said she thought it was her favorite thing of anything I've cooked.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds awesome. I don't need a pic, because I have a good imagination! ;-)

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I had a picture! But I’m drooling anyway. Need to get some more Tri Tip!

• Dr ROK
      Dr ROK commented
      Editing a comment
      I know I should have taken a pic, but supper was running a bit late and I forgot to take a shot before they had eaten most of it.

Dr ROK that's awesome! The steak we cooked for this recipe was one of my favorite steaks of all time as well. It's a great method.

Anyone else trying it, it's key you start with a good cut of meat. Garbage in, garbage out as they say.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here