Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with a Large cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvise, adapt, overcome! You’ve got this Marine! Kick some butt and serve some Amazing BBQ! Great work.

Comment

I love the ingenuity. How did everything turn out?

Comment

I literally just got geesebumps. Nice work brother!! Smoke it!

thats a smooth roll.

Comment

Thanks for you help fellow pit masters.

The fellow who's party it was for, was being promoted to O-5 (Lieutenant Colonel) Which was a big step for his career. He's got a pretty cool story of how he immigrated from Nigeria to the US and joined the Army. Best of all, he's just a genuine fantastic person. A tradition in the military is when you pick up the next rank, the extra amount of money you earn goes to fund a party where you invite all the people around you who helped with your success. Needless to say he fully embraced this proud tradition. A bonus for him was we had so much extra food, (6 pork butts also) he was able to take home most of the second brisket, (which he did keep stashed away and except when a few stragglers came by and were missing a taste of home).

Anywho, I only got one picture of the finished product due to the chatter happening around the table, but here it is.
        It's difficult to see, but the brisket was very juicy and fell right apart, in fact, it was rather difficult to cut because it kept tearing away. Which is reflected in the smaller cuts.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5877.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	394344
        I ended up ripping a hole in my right hand from a new barbell and on my left hand, I split my finger open with my knife while trimming the brisket:
        Yes, that's the recommend Rapala knife that Meathead uses in the brisket video.

I asked one of the Texans if he would do the honors (He lit up like a kid at Christmas). I didn't feel comfortable putting my busted, cut-up, bandaid covered hands near other peoples food. I didn't see a single person put sauce on the brisket, however i did hear of a few people yelling at some others "it good with out sauce! you don't need it!"

Perhaps the best compliment I got was from a person from the Republic of Texas telling me "that brisket really took me back home" and giving me a nod of approval. That was what I hoped to achieve.

Good work everyone.
        Mission Accomplished.

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent! Splice the Main Brace!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here