Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Story Long, Brisket, Bad Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underestimating the cook seems to be a thing so I jumped on board and landed hard. Did something similar with a brisket on my PBC. Thought it would take 4-6 hours but after the 8th hr. we ate something else that night (2 hrs later than normal) and saved the brisket for the next day. In my case it seems to be me needing to be patient. Need to learn to let the cooking determine the done time for a while so I can get a better grasp on when things get done. Since I cook for only 3, brisket and pork butt only happens a couple of times a year since we freeze the leftovers. (You can screw up using the PBC, I am proof. However, it wasn't the PBC, it was me and how I used it.)

Comment

A testament to the Weber kettle’s versatility!

Comment

If only you had installed a gasket on that WSM so it wouldn’t leak .... ;-)

Comment

Seems to me I owned a more than a few stocks that looked that looked like that chart. Story of my life.

Adrenaline BBQ has a new grate specifically for the 22" by the way. 😀 I'm sure it turned out just fine.

Comment

Great Save! Can't beat the Kettle.

Comment

Reminds me of my cook at the Birch run competition. Something in my enclosed trailer would sporadically trip the GFCI outlet that was provided at panels for the teams from the generator. At first it happened when cleaning chicken and the fan went out, then again about 1am when Brisket and pork was on the pellet smoker. I had to unplug the trailer and only run the cooker off the cord. I also forgot my headlight!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here