Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left over steak and sous vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left over steak and sous vide

Normally I don't care for left over steak. I can't describe the flavor, but nuked in the microwave just doesn't work for me.

I tried heating it gently in SV today.

Holy Cow did that work. I wouldn't say it was as good as fresh off the BBQ but what an improvement. I actually enjoyed my steak for lunch.

I'm doing the same today with leftover Tri-Tip. Nice to be able to reheat something without really cooking it further!

Comment

Ain't this SV thing incredible. I fought it off for quite a while. But finally gave in. And this little contraption has totally stepped up my game.
      Just goes to show you, these guys and gals here know what they're talking about. And so the MCS continues.....

Comment

Steve B YEP!

Comment

What's left over steak? Actually, I love making sammies w my leftovers. I've never once wanted to reheat it, but now that you mention it, yeah SV, that totally makes sense.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here