Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those about to rock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those about to rock...

...I salute you! Yep, an old AC/DC classic. Did a nice cook this evening with flap meat, and just wanted to say hi to all amazing friends here at the pitmaster club:

I fired up my offset smoker Rude Boy to cook a Wagyu/Angus flap meat. It weighed roughly 500 grams / 1 lb, so I dry brined it 4 hours in advance. Then got the oak wood burning, cooked it on indirect heat for roughly 40 minutes. It had then reached an inner temp of 50° C (122° F). I then seared it right in the fire box. I let it rest for 15 minutes in a faux cambro, then sliced and ate. My goodness, it sure was a slice of heaven! Will definitely buy and cook this more. So incredibly clean and fresh beef flavor. I served it with a risotto and some crossover between a tabbouleh and a chimichurri. See images.

Have a great evening all!

The parsely/tomato/olive oil/shallot/garlic salad

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	388289

Firing up the smoker

Name:	IMG_0051.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	388288

Here's the flap, sliced and ready to serve, yum:

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	388290

Looks fantastic and your pictures rock!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks buddy!

Beautiful cut of beef, both pre and post cook.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It will be one of my standard items from now on.

Interesting. We hunted geese back home and before hundreds lifted off literally feet from me, I swear I heard, "For those about to flock!"

Gre​​at pics. What camera you use?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! I saw the dog when taking the photo and actually thought of you commenting it before :-) I take photos with my smart phone and a custom written app w image processing.

Man!!! Henrik That looks great! I really like the idea of searing over the live fire for the final step of the cook. That salad looks great too man. I love the video short too! Great to see Rude boy fired up.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother!

Oh man, on the computer now. The dog is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Sweet cook Henrik And a happy Autumn to you.

Comment

That meat looks even better in the video than your previous post. Looks delicious. And I agree, the pics are fantastic.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks JCBBQ! It was a real simple cook too, which made it even more enjoyable.

Great lookin' cook.

Comment

That looks fantastic!

Comment

Great video and nice to meet you! Does that dog have a shoulder wound?

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              No, that's just a harness. She weighs a bit, so it's good to have when she insists on going in another direction than I want :-)

Wow Henrik, that's one helluva engangsgrill you have there!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha ha ha! It sure is :-)

Very nice steak!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks buddy!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here