Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time smoking Chuck Roasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time smoking Chuck Roasts

All I can say is wow. This was simple and inexpensive. I made two Roasts so we wojld have plenty of leftovers. (Which there are) My wife is not a big fan of brisket. But she went back for second on this. My 15 year son went back for thirds.

I did the low and slow using my Weber Kettle w/ the SnS. (Darn weber igrill would not sync) I got the meat temperature to 170 and did my first Texas crutch. Got the grill up to 300 and powered through the stall; while I kept an eye on my 11 year cutting the grass in the back yard.

Attached Files

Looks great nice job

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I did my first chuckie on Friday. One of the best things I've done lately according to my wife!

Comment

That 11 yo had to be a major distraction!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

He wants to help in the yard. I am not going to let him cut the grass unsupervised. He did a good job on dinner. Usually he eats about 1/2 a plate of food. Then an hour later he is hungry.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, they are feedin machines!

Nice job. Good cook.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Awesome Joe. Next to dino ribs, which I just recently fell in love with, chuckies are my favorite thing to smoke and eat.
                    Looks like you nailed it on this one. Great bark and color.

Comment

Nice -- looks like you knocked it out of the park.

Comment

Gorgeous bark on those, great job!

Comment

I sent a picture to a friend who does a lot of q (his wife is not into smoked eats). He uses the pok pok THAAN charcoal. He had forgotten how dark the bark is supposed to get.

He did some ribs ribs for us at a golf outing. Lightly smoked; they were delicious.

Comment

Very nice cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here