Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    TheCountofQ I use beans in my regular chili, but not in my Texas Red, or chili that I make fer chili dogs, or nachos, dips, etc. Beans is what kept us alive, when I was growin' up...meat was not always available...

• Mosca
    replied
    Next weekend is the chili weekend for me. Weather's going to break on Thursday, going from upper 80s to upper 60s.

Leave a comment:

• Jetski
    replied
    I've been wanting to use some smoked chuck in my chili. Thanks for posting this! Now if it would just cool off enough here in MO to make a big ol' pot.

I also discovered the brilliancy of doing a puree with fresh peppers in place of chili powder last year. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    commented on 's reply
    I could dip some CI skillet cornbread cooked over a fire pit into that pot of smokey goodness!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Dadof3Illinois I smoke the onion for 30-40 minutes. After that, you really aren’t gaining anything

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    I like the idea of smoking the onions!! I do all the peppers when making soups but not the onions. How long are u smoking them?

• Livermoron
    commented on 's reply
    We put carrots in ours, and we're one generation removed from Texas.

Maybe that's why they don't return our calls...

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I’m pretty sure in Texas they’d have serious issues with me adding carrots to my Chili

• TheCountofQ
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like I am the odd man out.

• ecowper
    replied
    Our tomatillos are ripe finally. Stacy promised me she is making Chile Verde next weekend!!!! I LOVE her Chile Verde almost as much as my Chili con Carne.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    HorseDoctor my wife makes a Cincinnati style chili with ground beef and pinto beans that is pretty darn good. But it ain’t real Chili con Carne

• HorseDoctor
    commented on 's reply
    We're over 90 again today. Hard to get too excited over chili just yet. Deer season opens next weekend and I can't even get too ramped up over that. 😳

• HorseDoctor
    commented on 's reply
    Beans? Really? 👎

• JCGrill
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto, but I believe it is going to turn tomorrow.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Lookin good!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here