Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lokking for change up from TriTip and brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lokking for change up from TriTip and brisket

Hosting 8 folks, looking to smoke a beef roast of some sort. Usually do brisket or Tri Tip, looking for change up.

Prime rib

Comment

Fancy - prime rib

Casual - pulled chuck roast

Comment

Baltimore Pit Beef ..... 5 lbs of top or bottom round will give you 10 great roast beef samitches.....

If you've dreaded stuff that passes for roast beef and wished you could find the real deal then this Baltimore pit beef recipe is for you.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea! I have been wanting to do some of these all summer. Our favorite butcher has had whole top sirloins for $5.99/lbs all summer. I bet they turn out great in your Hasty-Bake ecowper !

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Pit beef is a fav around here cause most of the family thinks au jus sammiches are a fine dinner

Pulled beef sounds good

Comment

Not a roast but how about beef ribs?

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            wags09 you cook beef ribs just like you would brisket. They won’t take nearly as long, though. Most grocery stores carry beef short ribs, especially in the fall. Although a plate of beef ribs is a fantastic cook.

• hoovarmin
            hoovarmin commented
            Editing a comment
            Truth

• Greasy
            Greasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Meathead has a section on cooking beef ribs you might want to look at. Short ribs are my BBQ beef fave.

I buy a whole beef every year. What I do is have my wife pull a random cut and I figure out how to do it. It's a good riff on "mystery meat."

Comment

Beef ribs or Picanha. Beef ribs are spectacular and Picanha is wonderful. If you've got access to bee ribs you'll blow your guests away. Below I sous vide the Picanha to 115 you could go low and slow. That was all one piece. Then I cut them into little steaks and seared around 900 degrees flipping constantly as the fat cap melts and bathes the meat in flavor. Beef ribs are easy - just cook at 250-275 for about 6 hrs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picanha after sous vide before sear.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	384030Click image for larger version

Name:	searing full box.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	384029Click image for larger version

Name:	platter of beef ribs.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	384028

Comment

• hoovarmin
              hoovarmin commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here