Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Probe Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Probe Location

Getting a bit neurotic at the point

So I understand probing should be at the section thickest between the point and flat....

Does this mean when the target IT is reached, it should be done? or should I probe all part of the brisket to ensure it reached the target IT? or it should actually all be even temp all over?

It will not be totally uniform across the brisket. Target temps are just guidelines, every piece of meat is a little bit different. At 195 F, things start to get very tender. Once there is no resistance on your Thermapen, through out the brisket, it is done cooking and ready for the Cambro.

Comment

Temp is just a guide. You want every part probe tender - like a knife into warm butter. So probe away. I also don't think you want the probe in fat, and there is a layer of fat between the point and flat unless you removed it while trimming, (some do - some don't).

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

• wustl-duck
          wustl-duck commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that thanks, I’m doing my first brisket in my new toy - Camp Chef DLX - and needed confirmation on probe location

I just showed up to say what Spinaker and RonB said .... but they said it before me, darnit

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I was typing when Spinaker posted...

The power of the search bar! Question asked and answered!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here