Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 Briskets and 150lbs of Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 Briskets and 150lbs of Sausage

Just got nominated to cook the food for our towns annual fall festival hosted by our church. Will be cooking 20 packer briskets, and 150lbs of smoked sausage. Will be an interesting cook, and by far my largest to date (I cooked 15 PB a while back for one of our town events). Will be September 4th. Ill keep you updated.

Sounds like a great endeavor. We would love to see the set up you will be using to tackle this BBQ mountain.

Comment

correction, November 4th. My wife will photo document. Using a custom trailer from PittMakers in Houston Texas.

Comment

How long is the festival? Are you cooking multiple days or are you having to handle that task for a single day event? Either way it sounds like a ton of fun and a lot of work.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Single day... They buy plates the day of the auction. I will probably sell some of my rubs in the auction for chairity as well. figure its a good time as people are eating it (assuming they like it, last time they LOVED it and tried to get me to cater partys and events,lol)

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job. I am looking forward to photos when the event comes.

Super cool!!!!!! Pics the whole processs, please.

What smokers on that trailer?
        vault?
        sniper?
        magnum sniper?

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not tried to stuff my vault full. Are you planning to put all 20 on at once, or do two rounds of briskets?

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          I have stuffed it a few times with butts and ribs. it extends cooking time quite a bit. I have to find a way to get both trailers there. or may do some on one of the grills. ill figure out the logistics the closer get.

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you on the need for more cooking room! Nothing like a project to push us to innovate the process!

Wow! Sounds like loads of fun. Good luck and don't forget the pictures!

Comment

I'm clicking on "follow" for this topic. I want to hear how it turns out. Sounds like a lot of fun in the making.

Kathryn

Comment

• andy.wpg
            andy.wpg commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 VERY interested in the pics!

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto. I'm have BBQ envy as im mostly grilling these days. So jonesing for low n slow pork.

I don't think we have to remind you TT but, no pics didn't happen. Some here are saying "sounds like" & "wait to hear", no, no, no. You SHOW or no go. Das it!
          Last edited by FireMan; August 28, 2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

That sounds like fun.

Comment

That's a lotta meat brother ..... have fun .... and, like everybody else said, pictures or it didn't happen!

Comment

The rig.
                Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's still pretty efficient. And thanks for the righteous denial on the aforementioned bottle. We all saw it and were hoping it wasn't so! However, I do keep one or two around to impress the little ones with my "Boy Scout Skills" when building a campfire.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It works fantastic as a grass killer, or burning out old mesquite stobbs.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah, one full chimney will heat the vault to 225, and keep it there for about 2 hours, and then I miserly add brikets or wood from there.

Keep the pics coming

Comment

I can't wait to see that bad boy in action!

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    it is heavy as sin though, lol. our suburban handles it pretty well.

Getting closer, will be making rub and sauce next weekend. Ill make a sweet Kansas city style sauce for the infidals, some mop sauce for people like me, and one of my sweet heat sauces for the ones that like to feel it for hours.

Comment

Update, I learned today that not only did they buy select briskets, they are frozen... Thinking I am going to have to inject the heck out of them to keep them moist. My injection will be Beef broth intensified with home made aus jus, and better than bullion, along with Worcestershire sauce a little sugar, salt, and MSG. Ill go back behind with some canola oil and inject the flat again. Ill pull around 150ish (I know its early but I don't want to loose much moisture) and add 1/4 cup of injection to foil when I crutch along with some parkay squeeze butter. After it hits probe tender, towel it and slow cool it in a cooler. I am worried the bark will suffer. Maybe put it back in the pit after the crutch to tighten it back up. Not sure yet, any ideas, suggestions, or critiques?

Comment

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is it possible for you to get one early, to try a test run? That would be my ideal scenario.

• texastweeter
                      texastweeter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      about to inject and dry brine the test run tonight.

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fairly complicated injection. One ingredient you might want to consider is some form of sodium phosphate in your brew. Gives great results and retains moisture.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here