Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket staying fresh with out cryovac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket staying fresh with out cryovac

The place my butcher orders from messed up and didn't put the brisket I ordered in a cryovac. Will it be ok in my fridge until Saturday when I plan on cooking it? I really don't want to freeze it.

Of course it depends on how fresh it was to start, but I would think yes as long as your actual fridge temp is 33-38 degrees.

Comment

I have an internal thermometer and my fridge normally fluctuated between 32 and 38

Comment

You should be fine. Good luck & enjoy!

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. First time not having it in the cryovac so I'm crossing my fingers!

Comment

Nothing really all that magical about the cryovac bag. It protects from outside odors and prevents further contamination but unless the meat was cooked or irradiated, it will still have some bacteria on it and can still spoil if it gets warm. You could also dry brine it now for a Saturday cook if you're worried. The salt will slow surface spoilage some. You'll be fine. Enjoy!

Comment

It will be fine.

Comment

Yup. Ya' sound good, with yer temps...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here