Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'know how Meathead talks about beef love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know how Meathead talks about beef love

well the penny just dropped. BIG TIME. In the past I had dutifully painted my steaks & burgers w beef love right before searing. Honestly, it never made me sit up and take notice. However, recently I've been intrigued w Picanha or the non Brazilian name - sirloin cap. Today I tried a little different approach. I sous vide the whole cut for 2 hrs at 115 then cut them into steaks (2 of my fat fingers wide) then seared 'em over 900 degrees on my Primo. You can see from the flames that the fat cap just started melting and then basting the steaks as I flipped them over and over. Man o man! The flavor of the meat was incredible. So luscious in my mouth, complementing the beef flavor perfectly. This was the first time I've cut the picanha into steaks. This is the way to do it. Now I know why they skewer this cut and spin it over an open flame to cook it in those Brazilian churrascos. This cut comes w it's own beef love and it's really really good.

Im lucky bc Newark has some incredible Brazilian and Portuguese neighborhoods so it's easy to find this cut. But I'm sure if you ask your butcher for sirloin cap he can find it for you. You also need some big salt like Maldon Sea salt - the butcher at Seabra, the South American grocery store where I got this meat, makes up his own salt blend w garlic and spices. Really good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3668.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	365628Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3674.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	365627Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3680.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	365626Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3681.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	365629

Phenomenal photos!

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Looks delicious

Comment

What a feast!

Comment

Now I have to get a cloth to wipe my screen - and it didn't taste good to boot.

Comment

Amazing color.

Comment

[Homer Simpson droooool face]

Comment

Well, fine...
              As long as ya' didn't make anything Indescribably Delicious lookin', or summat...

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

With a little seafood to join it. Awesome!

Comment

Yeah buddy! That's some grub! Great "Feed the flame" pic

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here