Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's our annual "Bloody Big BBQ" tomorrow...deep into prep right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's our annual "Bloody Big BBQ" tomorrow...deep into prep right now...

Every summer on one Saturday in August over here in Germany, The Tongmistress and Yours Truly hold a BBQ for 30-odd guests. Over the years, Brits as we are, it's become known as the "Bloody Big BBQ"

This year the stars of the show will be a total of c. 20lbs of prime brisket...accompanied by our signature 'slaw (PM me for recipe - I don't want it "going public"...) and Cowboy Beans - plus whatever delicious Pot Lucks our guests bring to the table.

Exhibit "A" below is Pastrami-in-the-making, 6-day cured and coated in rub yesterday; I'll smoke this today, then steam tomorrow ahead of meal time. Exhibit "B" is two whole Packers, dry brining and destined for a dose of Big Bad Beef Rub later today ahead of 12 hours slooooow smoking in our two-zone Weber kettle set up: if I get the timing right (!) this'll be out of the smoker right on schedule for the ravenous hordes at c. 17:00 tomorrow.

Wish us luck...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 92.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	364351Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 99.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	364352

Good luck!

Comment

I'm sure everything will turn out great.

Comment

"Tongmistress" - that's good! Good luck! Post pics!

Comment

Sounds like a good time is to be had. Cheers!

Comment

Mm, Mmmm, Good Stuff.

Comment

Yum! Looking good.

Comment

Good luck! Please post pictures of the results! Leave plenty of time for the brisket to hold in a Cambro! I find that 2-4hrs is ideal to bring out the best in my low-n-slow Brisket.

Comment

Man, I like the sound of this! Plenty o'meat, guests to hang out with, what could possibly go wrong? Keep that smoke rollin'!

Comment

¡Das wirdet viel spass machen!
                    ¡Sehr Kühl!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here