Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Brisket

Made my third brisket today, the second on my Camp Chef Smoke Vault. It was just under 12 lbs before trimming, prime grade from Costco. It wet aged in the cold section of the fridge for about 4 weeks. Here it is salted for 18 hours and covered with the Big Bad Beef rub. I injected it with as much beef broth as it could hold, especially the flat. Placed in the Smoke Vault at 3:00 am. Smoked with mostly hickory and a little oak and apple at 225°
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	362195

It hit the stall at around 9:00 AM at about 151°. Here it is right before I wrapped it in foil.

Name:	IMG_1591.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	362196

My wife said she had errands to do so I lowered the temp on the Smoke Vault to about 200° for a couple hours and then back to 225° for the remainder of time until I pulled it out of the smoker and put it in the faux cambro at about 2:00 pm. Place it under the broiler at 6:00 pm for about 5 mins. Here it is sliced, mostly the point end. Nice and juicy.

Name:	IMG_1595.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	362197

Plated with a kale salad and snow peas on country style bread. The flat did not turn out as juicy as the point, but still moist. My son said it was the best yet. I think I put a little too much Big Bad Beef Rub, especially on the flat end, as the flat had a little too much heat for me. I don' t like much heat on my beef.

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	362198

Awesome bark at only 151 internal, that's fo sho!!

Comment

Looks great! Do you think the injection did anything? Prime usually has all the injection you'll need by way of internal fat...even Choice for that matter.

Comment

Good looking bark! Glad it went well.

Comment

I couldn't say for sure as I don't have enough experience but I think so. The flat was moist but not excessively so. And there was barely any juice in the foil when I unwrapped it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here