Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Barrel Pot Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Barrel Pot Roast

Just started @ 1:25 cst Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_142202.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	361272Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_143128.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	361273

That is an amazing set up. I use my red enameled lodge pot in my WSM to cook those great bourbon beans of Meathead's.

Comment

Wow it took me a sec to realize you actually hung the pot!! That is awesome!! I don't have a cast iron dutch oven yet now though I have yet another reason to get one!!

Comment

Nice idea! Although I'm curious about the fact that you didn't just set the DO on the PBC grate ... the DO was too tall maybe?

Comment

Nice hook job! This is pretty cool. It never crossed my mind to do this. Did you preheat the DO before you put it in the PBC?

Comment

3 hrs, first 30 min without lid on pot,added apple chunks, 5# Angus Chuck roast,
            1/2 bottle red wine,one cup port, fresh sprigs of thym, fresh garlic, Yukon gold potatoes, two onions, carrots. The DO is too big for grate, also experimenting by hanging, also closer to coals. Yes I browned the roast before hanging.
            Oh, Click image for larger version  Name:	20170812_175235.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	361373 it's so good Click image for larger version  Name:	20170812_175135.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	361374

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks really good, and appreciate the different approach from the usual!

Fantastic! And Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here