Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Rib using Meathead's recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Thanks! I'm blushing.

Leave a comment:

• Brisket Syndicate
    replied
    BEAUTIFUL!!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahaha... I need to choose my words better I guess... but that WAS funny!

• fracmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by smarkley View Post
    That Looks GREAT! Someday, I will get enough guts to try something like that
    NOOOO! Don't buy guts! No matter how many of those you get they won't turn out like this! Buy prime rib instead...(now seriously) and don't wait until "someday" ----the downside is that you will have good instead of great.

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    replied
    Good, GOOD looking prime sir! Beautiful sear and color distribution.Having cooked thousands of prime ribs in my 35 plus years of being a pro, yours stands in the top tier!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Medal! Woot! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Gosh Dave, seeing them on the big screen here is so much better than my phone....that is phenomenally done! And a good Feed The Flame pic there too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	36093

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Much appreciated Ernest!

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! That's perfection!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Yeppers. Just the Vortex. Worked like a champ. Friday I plan on using it for steak night.

Leave a comment:

• cdd315
    replied
    Whoa, that prime rib looks like a work of art!! All you used was the vortex to confine your heat? Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Thanks TB. Yeah the Vortex really concentrates the heat so you get a great sear AND can use less charcoal. I've only used it a couple of times but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite accessories.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Looks exactly like a prime rib should. That Vortex sure does put out some heat, doesn't it

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Thanks! It's really not all that hard once you have the techniques down.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    That Looks GREAT! Someday, I will get enough guts to try something like that

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here