Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Pick your steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye all day.

Sous vide at 129F while getting a chimney loaded to the top with coals lit up, with a small grill grate placed over the top.

Remove steak from sous vide, pat generously with black pepper + garlic powder + salt. Once the chimney has stopped smoking and the flame coming out of the top is super hot, place the steak on the grate atop the chimney and char. The flame will engulf the whole steak and create the perfect color/crust in about 45 seconds. It's my go-to method and the best steak ever (obviously I'm biased).

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Senator Pig Do you flip it or leave on same side for 45 seconds?
      Last edited by Mudkat; August 4, 2017, 05:21 PM.

I'm shocked and appalled that some actually trim off the fat!! Charred fat is better that the actual steak. LOL

Comment

Woot, I'm the only vote for Flank Steak thus far.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be down for that, but it's absurdly priced in my neighborhood (all of Chicago). Skirt and flank are beloved in the Latin communities here, and priced according to demand.

Mudkat: I flip after about 20-25 seconds, then sear the other side for an additional 20-30 seconds. It sears very fast in that kind of flame so keep an eye on it

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't been happy with my sears on my Weber 22. I am doing this next time. Thanks!

This poll, like other polls I've seen here & contests...............

and, and, well, are rigged.

Comment

Hahahaha Fireman yes. I was forced to vote ribeye ( especially Wagyu ) against my will...........

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3500.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	357959 I like buying a whole NY stripe, grade Prime from Costco and then dry aging it for 28 days using UMAi dry bags. I then freeze the individual steaks in the food saver vacuum bags. I did one up last night. Nice reverse sear (thanks, Meathead!). Great flavor.

Comment

My favorite steak is the one that is on my plate at any given moment. (PS. It is almost always a ribeye!)

Comment

Gotta be The Ribeye for us, bone in. But we've been eating a lot of flat iron steaks lately, the flavor on those are awesome!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here