Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepping for a smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping for a smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf

Hey everyone,Im smoking a meatloaf saturday.Simple recipe but i cant smoke it till saturday.My question is this:Since im using onions and bell peppers that need to cooked today and then form the loaf bacon bomb ect,thoughts on the onions and peppers being hot then cold then overnight.Im thinking that overnight helps blend all the flavors,but worried that it might not turn out as well since they are cooked then cooled down overnight.

Also has anyone ever made a loaf using onions and peppers that you just chopped added and let the cooking process actually cook them instead of precooking ahead of time like im doing as per the recipe.Im sure eitherway is fine,just wondering.Thanks

Either way is likely to be ok. But I'd be inclined to do the precook for mellower results. Don't forget some 'shrooms!

Comment

My standard recipe calls for chopping peppers & onions in the original mix which is then cooked as the meatloaf cooks. Either way will do fine. Enjoy!

Comment

you will be just fine.
        I run my meatloaf veggies through the processor before mixing with meat.

Comment

The texture will be different depending on how it's done. I prefer to pre-cook the onions, but the bell pepper is fine either way for me.

Comment

We throw them all together and cook at same time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here