Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempted flank steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempted flank steak

Click image for larger version

Name:	flank 2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	351226 First shot at the hot 'n' fast style flank steak, using a Weber Kettle and a Slow 'n' Sear. I would've liked more of a crust and more color in the meat (center looks good but too pale up top), but at least experiments like this still taste good. Next time I'll raise the grate higher. The chimichurri sauce complemented it beautifully, forgot to get a pic

That looks pretty nice from here. I have found flank to be a little tricky. Skirts are more forgiving, but need more love up front, aka marinating.

Comment

Looks good enough to eat

Comment

Always learning! Nice!

Comment

I love flank steaks! This is one of the few steaks that I do marinade. I always marinade mine with Coke and low sodium Dales for about 2-4 hours before cooking. Do two parts Coke to one part Dales. I find the coke really helps tenderize the steak and the Dales just gets along well with the coke.

Comment

I usually marinate as well. I know the flavour won't go deep, but just a little bit helps. Have not tried the coke for flank but I think I will. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cmiller0711 View Post
              I love flank steaks! This is one of the few steaks that I do marinade. I always marinade mine with Coke and low sodium Dales for about 2-4 hours before cooking. Do two parts Coke to one part Dales. I find the coke really helps tenderize the steak and the Dales just gets along well with the coke.
              Dales as in Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar?

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                My daily bread, Dale's Pale!

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I was thinking also.

• jgreen
                jgreen commented
                Editing a comment
                Ahh. I was wondering what Dale's was. We don't get that in Canada but probably any pale ale will do.

Dales steak sauce. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	351548

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here