Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Smoked Brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Smoked Brisket!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket-and-Sauce-2017-05-19T165611-002-1200x900.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	349262

I did this back in May, but I've been busy and just got around to sorting through the photos. See how everything went here:
    I had been wanting to do brisket for a very long time, but I couldn’t find anywhere convenient to buy a whole packer brisket. But right before I was convinced I was going to have to go to a b…

Spoiler:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Brisket-and-Sauce-2017-05-21T182901-014-768x1024.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	349263

Beautiful!

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks! It's thanks to this forum and Meathead's site that I had the confidence to tackle such a beast.

Looks great.

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Looks great! Congrats!!

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Beautiful!

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks

Looks good. I found cooking my first brisket to be a transcendent BBQ experience. Congrats on your first brisket.

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you

Great job! It appears you studied the process very well before attacking the Holy Grail of BBQ a full packer brisket. You only forgot to do one thing... Burnt Ends... the Caviar of BBQ.👅 Use the point for that and ALL that will be gone in a New York second.

Comment

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it originally came from the flat where it got burnt waiting for the rest to cook. My wife and I love "moist" so we wouldn't want to waste the point on that.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm... personally I think burnt ends are the tastiest bite in all of BBQ and if I must sacrifice the Prime part of a full packer to make my burnt ends taste and feel better in my mouth... Done! I've been doing exactly that for years. I actually separate the point from the flat before smoking them.

• djotaku
      djotaku commented
      Editing a comment
      well, definitely worth trying. Also thought of trying faux burnt ends that redditors seem to love. Just need to find time for all this!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here